Sunday, March 25, 2007

Where I've Been

In the past 48 hours I've been in Delaware, Illinois, and Wisconsin! It has been a whirlwind trip. All because my little brother has graduated from boot camp this weekend! Here is our fine sailor:
This photo was shot just minutes after we found him. We arrived at the ceremony location at 7am to get a good seat on the hard, cold, backless metal bleachers. The event did not start until 9:30. Unfortunately, nobody had told us that this graduating class was ONLY 380 sailors as opposed to the regular 800! Nonetheless, we had great seats. My brother has never been camera shy, so as the weekend went on we got some great photos.
Ok, so his eyes are closed here, but this is a great picture of his girlfriend. She is fabulous and really supportive of my brother. He was soooooooo happy to see her! Doesn't she take a great photo?
This one was taken on day two of liberty. Its our little family spoof on a prom picture! From left to right: Me, his girlfriend, mom, and sister. Yes, we are in a hotel room, and yes, that is the hotel room door behind us. I do have to credit my husband for agreeing to take this super silly photo!

Here are my boys! Posing again next to the bathroom door. We really did take other pictures, its just that the silly hotel shots are all on my camera. We visited a really large mall called Gurney Mills and tried to tour the Jelly Belly Factory. The line for the jelly belly factory went out the door and around the building! Maybe next time....Anyhow, congratulations to my little brother!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay...my Secret Pal has posted! I'm getting together your first giftee to send to you in a couple of weeks...but in the mean time, I would love to see more of your knitting!

P.S. This is a long-shot but do you have anymore single, good-looking brothers? If you do, I will make sure you get some cashmere. Lol, just kidding! (Maybe.)

Anonymous said...

What great photos! Graduations are always such a blast!!

Secret Pal #2