Friday, September 22, 2006

frustration

I have begun a lovely project. To be honest, it is not difficult. It is a simple cable cardigan. The cable pattern happens to be for idiots- which is good for me. I thought, "Ha! I can make a sweater. This will show everyone that I do finish real projects." But I lied. Last night I hit the wall at row number 7. The cable row...Everything was going fine until I decided to talk on the phone while knitting. Normally, not a problem. Then I screwed up my pattern. Everything was one stitch off from where it was supposed to be AND I had managed to pick up a stitch. I frogged it back to my mistake and started again only to realize that it was still off and that I still had one extra sneaky stitch. More frogging. Back to row 4, where I had started my evening knitting. This incident took me four minutes to write about BUT TOOK ME 2 HOURS TO MAKE AND THEN CORRECT. Horrifying. Tonight is an overnight shift in the hospital, so hopefully I'll have a little time to add to this sweater. But the future of the sweater is not looking so hot. It is in grave danger of becoming a UFO....

No comments: