Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Good Yarn...Bad Girl


SO My new goal is to routinely publish to this blog. I've really really slipped when it comes to all sorts of things. First of all I'd like to say that I've offically joined a knitting group- The Newark Knitters- however have never made it to a meeting. I'm aiming for the next one.

It has been a super busy summer, but I've been keeping up with my knitting projects as much as possible (I've got four going currently). Of course none are finished. There is "the afghan" which I have a strong suspicion is a "winter only " project. Then we have the "I have too much pink acrylic yarn" granny square that has grown to an absurd size. Third we come to the one ribbon slipper booty thing- which I started on vacation. That was a great project. I finished the slipper, but somehow cannot bring myself to finish the other one now that I am home. Lastly we have the large pile of yarn my sister brought home from Ireland. It is soft and grey with tiny flecks of yellow and red and blue. Honestly, I'm scared to touch it. I really should finish something with this yarn but I don't even know what I will make.

Here is a blurry pic of my new yarn- I have a ton of it...Tivoli luxury tweed double knitting in shade 244.






Any Suggestions?

2 comments:

Sara Kirby said...

I think you should make either a giant cable sweater, Aran style. Or a jacket. How thick is the tweed?

Unknown said...

Do you still have any of this yarn by any chance? I picked up some in Ireland and I am making a sweater and I am a little short. It is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere! You can email me at mendes.holly@gmail.com. Thanks!