Wednesday, September 13, 2006

One door closes

Ninja Dachshaund says:

"Look into my eyes, look deep into my eyes...Go! Finish a project! Do it now! "

Yes, tonight was a night. After a long day at the office I came home to an empty house. I considered doing something healthy for about five and a half seconds before deciding that this gray chilly evening was best meant for the fibre arts. MMMHMMM break out the yarn. I have had several projects in progress over the summer, but tonight I finished one. It is the second one ever. (Yes I've been knitting for over two years now). Who says you have to actually finish a project??? I can no longer think about this scarf, and how difficult it was to make with my super lightweight Daisy #10s. Or how delicate the kid mohair felt in my hand. To some this is a moment of satisfaction, but to me it is downright sad.



Overall, it was easy and the effect was quite nice. It is a solid garter stich the whole way through. The only problem is that it doesn't look a thing like anything I would ever wear. The completion of this scarf lessens my current project count, and therefore I am availible to any new patterns at this point in time. I promise to passionately pursuit you for the first three days and then ignore your needs for months on end. Oh Geez. I am the "man" of knitting projects.

No comments: