Thursday, September 14, 2006

Happy photo



Sometimes I think we all need to stop and take a minute to appreciate the little moments we've shared in life. This photo was taken at the top of a waterfall that my husband and I climbed last weekend. We were camping in the Catoctin mountains. It was a great outing and provided some much needed rest and relaxation. Don't we look blissful? What you don't know is that 45 minutes into the future from this snapshot, I got us lost on a trail. Yes, it was paved, but we were lost nonetheless. Despite my husband's urging I refused to re-enter the forest. C'mon now, wouldn't you rather be lost on pavement than lost in the woods? And that is how we ended up walking 5 miles on the side of a country highway. It was a great trip, and I'm so happy to have a good picture to remind me of a great moment.

1 comment:

Sara Kirby said...

you forgot to mention the yelling portion of getting lost. Pictures say a 1000 words and I would have never guessed that was the story behind that photo.